Top 10 Best Lines from Raymond Chandler’s Little Sister
- She had a low lingering voice with sort of a moist caress in it like a damp bath towel.
- She looked almost as hard to get as a haircut.
- She smelled the way the Taj Mahal looks by moonlight.
- She picked a cigarette out of a box, tossed it in the air, caught it between her lips effortlessly and lit it from a match that came from nowhere.
- “Shut up, you slimy, blackmailing, keyhole peeper!”
- She put a couple of cold blue bullets into me with her eyes.
- She looked as if it would take a couple of weeks to get her dressed.
- She reached up and pulled a fingertip down the side of my cheek. It burned like a hot iron.
- Marlowe, a private detective. Not the brainiest guy in the world, but cheap. He started out cheap and he ended cheaper still.
- It could have been a beautiful friendship. Except for the ice pick, of course.
“Do you always wear black?”
“Yes. It is more exciting when I take my clothes off.”
“Do you have to talk like a whore?”
“You do not know very much about whores, amigo. They are always most respectable. Except of course the very cheap ones.”