Buddhism by the Numbers
- Right view is deep understanding of the Four Noble Truths
- Where there is perception there is deception
- Most of our suffering comes from wrong perceptions
- It is impossible to have a subject without an object
- Right view is the insight we have into the reality of life; a living insight that fills us with understanding, peace, and love.
- The instrument for watering wholesome seeds inside of us is mindful living – mindful breathing, mindful walking, living each moment of our day in mindfulness.
- Your conception or perception of reality is not reality.
- To practice is to go beyond ideas, so you can arrive at the suchness of things. “No idea” is the path of non-conception. “No idea” means no wrong idea, no wrong conception.
- Buddhism is a practice to hep us eliminate wrong views.
- Right View is sometimes called the mother of all Buddhas, the energy of love and understanding that has the power to free us. When we practice mindful living our Right View will blossom.
- Right View is both a cause and an effect of all other elements of the path.
Based on the teachings of Thich Nhat Hahn